Advertise With Us!

Hitler ideals alive in “Repent Amarillo”

January 29, 2009 |

Eva Harder
Prairie reporter

“As Christians, we cannot stand by and watch 67,000 of our neighbors walking through the gates of hell.”

This is the mission statement of “Repent Amarillo,” a new source of local controversy that is sparking debate all across Canyon and Amarillo.

The group is dedicated to cleansing Amarillo of pagan, sexual and homosexual affiliated businesses and events. Its web site lists a “spiritual mapping” of businesses they intend to target, including Planned Parenthood, the Route 66 Swingers’ Club, the Hindu Temple of Amarillo, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, Polk Street United Methodist Church and many others.

The group is creating an outrage among many citizens of the Panhandle, some arguing the infringement of basic first amendment liberties, such as “prohibiting the free exercise [of religion]; or abridging the freedom of speech.”

Students are creating Facebook groups in protest of “Repent Amarillo,” such as “We the People” and “Freedom Amarillo.”

While many may be 100 percent behind the forces of “Repent Amarillo,” and others are shocked and appalled by the mere idea of the group, I would like to point out one quite simple observation: the ideology of “Repent Amarillo” is quite similar to the ideology of Adolf Hitler.

Not only is “Repent Amarillo” making a goal to shut down businesses with any “pagan” affiliation (much how the Nazi Regime began denying the Jewish people the right to own a business) their arguments are fundamentally the same: “Repent Amarillo” is attempting to purge the panhandle of what they deem sinful, in the name of God.

Adolf Hitler’s goal was the same, as illustrated by his following quotations, mostly taken from “Mein Kampf:”

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator… I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”
For this, to be sure, from the child’s primer down to the last newspaper, every theater and every movie house, every advertising pillar and every billboard, must be pressed into the service of this one great mission, until the timorous prayer of our present parlor patriots: Lord, make us free! …”

The anti-Semitism of the new [Christian Social] movement was based on religious ideas instead of racial knowledge.”

And though “Repent Amarillo” may not have an equivalent to Joseph Mengele, the group seems adamant about creating its own sort of Aryan race; a people caught under a blanket of religion that stifles instead of frees.

Just like the Spanish Inquisition, the Laramie incident, and the Holocaust, “Repent Amarillo” is telling the world that Christianity is not founded on love, but on hate and intolerance.

I find it quite ironic that the center of Christianity, Jesus Christ, was purportedly a friend of tax collectors and prostitutes, yet groups like this can do nothing but write any diversity off as strictly hell-bound.

Perhaps this is why Christianity is quickly beginning to be considered one of the largest hate groups in the world; and for a religion that is supposed to be based on love and redemption…c’mon, there’s definitely something wrong here.

“Repent Amarillo” advises you to call the Potter County District Attorney, Randall Sims’ office and make a complaint if you have are unhappy with any of the businesses they are attempting to shut down; I wonder if you can make a complaint to the D.A. about “Repent Amarillo” itself.

Category: News

About the Author ()

Comments (472)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. avatar Mr. Operator says:

well repent amarillo showed their backside again sat night at the club they like PROTESTING at. For some reason they did not like having a bigger and taller barricade than that little yellow tape. I think it is time to say that Grisham is NOT the only one in the group that likes confrontation. The 2 biggest trouble makers in the group I witnessed and heard about was the big guy with the bull horn and Grisham Jr. Grisham is the leader of this pack rat but these other 2 are going to cause issues one day. By the way Grishams wife is running a close race to being mouthy too. I may not have been outside alot but I was out enough to hear with my own ears — the two trouble makers harassing and deliberately confronting guest as they arrived and left a private party to the point of almost coming to blows. THIS IS NOT WITNESSING, it IS however harassing and what is with all the pictures of guest and their plates on their cars. You should consider thanking the guys watching the parking lot for you waking up in your bed and not else where, like a hospital. I heard they kept your son and big boy from getting attacked more than once. There is no sense in telling you that this has gone for enough because you have no intentions on stopping till someone gets hurt. You have the right to witness and even LAWFULLY

2. avatar Mr. Operator says:

3. avatar Mr. Operator says:

Protest but you have crossed that line with your idea of intimidation and invading privacy. You will be held accountable for your sheeps actions, if not by mans law ,but by Gods law. I told you I would be there and be watching you and you are as off track as the bloggers and radio personnel said. Why have you not attacked other bigger businesses with much more sin, like lets say the largest retailer in America, and you know who I am talking about, They sale the morning after pill and they have gays and lesbians working at every one, even in management, but you see the thing is, they DONT discriminate and they believe people have rights to live their life like they want, you however do not believe this, you feel you should run others lives to fit you beliefs. Last night one of your group made the mention that swingers are the most violent people you meet, could it possibly be that this is true because the are PUSHED to being defensive because of the actions of you and your group. I know that you will come back with this– ” I am not responsible for their actions” , but you are and everyone knows it. And may I ask where did you get your pastoral training at? It is a legitimate question and no reason you should not answer it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. avatar Mr. Operator says:

5. avatar RJ says:

Dave,
    I met two guys last week who say they remember you in “intimate” detail, and “met” with you during the past year. Would you like to address this before they go to the papers?

Come out, come out, wherever you are.

6. avatar RJ says:

Dave,

Come out, come out, wherever you are.

7. avatar V.A. Day says:

well from reading the post this morning looks like the cult had nothing to do Saturday night again. I wonder why if you want to shine a light on something dark why don’t you go witness in front of a crack house. Because you have already shined your light on the “Swingers” and avenue 10

Listened to KGNC Friday and there were a lot of points brought up that contradict a lot of what you claim what your group is. right back to how I feel, you have a agenda that is not Religious or Spiritual it is very political.

I was also told of a tactic that you are doing that is criminal and I hope that it is not true.

8. avatar V.A. Day says:

9. avatar odddaughter77 says:

I know that this isn’t gonna get us anywhere, because Grisham will not listen unless he agrees with what is said but i can’t stand it any longer!

I will not argue scriputer, anyone can twist the bible to support or conflict what they believe. We see that everyday.

The only thing i have to offer is MY OPINION so here it goes…..

The really sad part about all this is that people will be running away from God because of the actions that is going on here. I myself have been treated very badly by some very so called christian people. That is not the way God would want anyone to act! We are no longer under the law, we are suppose to live by LOVE. Love is not judgement and i have tried to read up on all that Grisham has done, and MY OPINION is that he is judging others. We all will stand before God and be judged and that includes Grisham. So would you Grisham tell HIM that all you have done (which includes lying and harassment) is all in HIS name and because HE told you too. HMMMM well i have a hard time believing that HE would agree with you about that and give ya that pat on the back with a my good servant that you are looking for. And what do you think HE will say about all the people that you have turned away from HIM because of your actions?? Holding a bull horn screaming at people that they will go to hell is not showing any love. Taking pictures of people and laughing when someone is injuried because of those actions is not showing love. I really do think that you as a christian should be ashamed of yourself!! When people disagree with your beliefs it is your job to LOVE them and pray for them, not to harass and judge. It is HIS job to judge them!!

So that’s my point take it or leave it.

Now im gonna go into my prayer closet and i will pray for the people that maybe turned away from God because of your actions, while im there i will also lift you and your followers up to HIM and ask for your eyes to be truely opened.

Have a great day all!

10. avatar odddaughter77 says:

The only thing i have to offer is MY OPINION so here it goes…..

So that’s my point take it or leave it.

Have a great day all!

11. avatar odddaughter77 says:

Got another point to make!

The post early about KKK….Grisham stated that by ignoring the second commandment they break the first, well Grisham the same goes for YOU! LOVE thy neighbor as thyself.

Love no matter their beliefs, that’s how Jesus lived. Im really glad that you use signs to show your judgement on others.

12. avatar odddaughter77 says:

Got another point to make!

13. avatar shane says:

Mr. Operator (Mac Oren Mead) is just mad because he’s going broke! And yea mac we all believe theres people watching the lot…(SIKE!)…Thats why you tried to fight someone right? lol

14. avatar shane says:

15. avatar shane says:

The bottom line is Mac Mead you have two choices:

1. Repent and close your club.

or:

2. Drown in a pool of debt and let God deal with you.

I would hate to see anyone go to hell. Its my hope that you all will just turn away from your sin and turn toward God. To love God is to obey God. A swinger-Christian is an oxy-moron. Mac if you think you can own a swingers club and make it to heaven then your dead wrong, and I mean spiritually dead. You cannot continually live in sin and expect anything of the father.

Lev 20:10
    “And the man that committeth adultery with another man’s wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.”

there are two types of death the bible describes:
    1. death on earth-temporary
    2. spiritual death- Eternal (Hell)

You can’t make it into heaven as an unrepeated swinger. Period. The truth is hard to swallow but it stands as true.
    To repent is not to say “sorry my bad” and then do it again and again!
    repent means to turn away from your sin.

I will be out there like it or not warning everyone of the hell fire and there is no man in this world that will stop me. I fear no man only my Father God.

Isa 8:12-13
    “Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid. Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.”

-Shane-
    shane@ravenamarillo.com

16. avatar shane says:

The bottom line is Mac Mead you have two choices:

1. Repent and close your club.

or:

2. Drown in a pool of debt and let God deal with you.

Lev 20:10

there are two types of death the bible describes:
    1. death on earth-temporary
    2. spiritual death- Eternal (Hell)

To repent is not to say “sorry my bad” and then do it again and again!
    repent means to turn away from your sin.

Isa 8:12-13

-Shane-
    shane@ravenamarillo.com

17. avatar shane says:

oh and by the way the wall works great (lol) I think you should keep it. or return it for you money back since you need the money.

18. avatar shane says:

19. avatar Norm Alperson says:

Then you better start fearing Mr. Shane. We’ll see how long you sick puppies last…Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock…

20. avatar Norm Alperson says:

21. avatar Georgia Romig says:

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback but The Prairie staff has decided to close comments to this article.

22. avatar Georgia Romig says: